The Yearly Flu Scare

The media must get good ratings from this story every year. It's here again. Every year they tell me the flu is going to be a killer. I'm sick of it. I'm sure we'll hear it a lot more before the end of winter. Don't get freaked out. They tell us this every year. I'm running around with my hands over my ears now.

I wish I could come up with some spiritual insight concerning this, but I'm in a drought. If you have a spiritual insight concerning the media trying to scare us every year, then feel free to post it in the comments. My spiritual insight machine is broken. I need to get new batteries.

***

Speaking of running around with your hands over your ears, I have a story/prayer request to share about a teen who comes in my store.

Last Saturday a kid, Brandon, who is a known shoplifter all around town, came in with some Yu-Gi-Oh! packs that he had shoplifted from other stores around town. I told him that he could do the right thing and I would drive him around town to return them. I've been debating if I should call the cops, but unless someone gets caught in the act of stealing I don't think they can do anything.

I could see him struggling with the idea of returning the packs, so I reminded him that I would drive him around town. He could still make it right. What are a few packs of Yu-Gi-Oh! when it comes to doing what is right? He struggled and struggled. Eventually, he put his hands over his ears, walked out of the store, and opened up the packs. Please pray that I have wisdom in ministering to him and that he receives conviction for what that he needs to be right with God.

***

Before I point out the stupidity of a comment John Kerry made, I must remind you that I am not a Bush supporter. However, Bush doesn't make comments this stupid. Once you rip on one of these Yale grads people feel they have to rip back on the other. I could care less. I'm not voting for either. So feel free to rip away. Remember, on election day to vote for Larry Carter. "If you don't like it, get the hell out of God's country." A vote for Larry Carter is a vote for your soul. I dare you to rip on Larry Carter. I'll come out punching.

I don't have the exact quote, but the other day John Kerry said he was proud of his service in Vietnam and proud of his protest against it when he came back. He tries so often to have his cake and eat it too. This would be me saying that I'm proud of the sins of my past before I knew Jesus. Now, I'm also proud that I know Jesus. It's absurd. I don't know how anyone can actually be proud of something that they did when they believe what they were doing was wrong. I'm ashamed of the things I did.

But my mind doesn't work like John Kerry's. He also made some comments about a month ago concerning his religious and political life. He said he keeps his religious beliefs out of politics or something along those lines. That's great. You mean to tell me you have religious beliefs that don't actually effect what you do. Those are some great religious beliefs.

***

Another Alan Keye's quote:

"See, people like to make assertions. He [Obama] makes assertions. We should make arguments for the positions that we take, because otherwise we're just engaging in name-calling. And I say, I make an argument for what I believe. Let him come forward with a valid argument for what he believes, and let's compare the two."

His campaign website is now up.

Watch out for the potholes.