RIVERSIDE CHRISTIAN CHURCH'S LEADER COVENANT
GROWING IN PERSONAL DISCIPLESHIP
- Develops a real, authentic relationship with God through a daily time of prayer and Bible study.
- Regularly attends the weekly worship gathering at least 39 times every year.
- Models the life of Jesus in his daily life and shares the gospel regularly.
- Ministers to their own families.
- Tithes to the ministry at Riverside.
CARING FOR THE CONGREGATION
- Mentors people in the congregation.
- Participates in the leadership calling program so that everyone in the church is contacted once a month.
- Visits people who are homebound or hospitalized.
- Discipline members who are out of step with the congregation or straying morally in their personal lives.
LEADING THE CHURCH IN ITS MISSION
- Agrees with and actively supports Riverside's vision to love one another, love Jesus, and love all.
- Agrees with Riverside's Statement of Beliefs and Statement of Convictions.
- Participates in leadership meetings that serve as the primary forum to discuss and give input on key policy and strategic decisions.
- Leads the congregation in discerning what God is calling the congregation to be and do.
- Helps the congregation stay focused on its mission.
- Leads the congregation through change in order to be more effective in its mission.
- Actively participates in mission and outreach ministries according to their gifts and available time.
- Teaches in different capacities throughout the church.
SUPPORTING AND ENCOURAGING ONE ANOTHER
- Attends leader's meeting when scheduled for training, sharing, and prayer.
- Goes on the annual leadership retreat for spiritual renewal and team building.
- Prays daily for the other leaders, the minister(s), and ministry heads.
- Involved in a weekly accountability relationship with another leader in the church.
- Serves in reviewing monthly financial statements
- Approves yearly budget
- Approves individual expenses over $5,000.
ROLE TO THE LEAD PASTOR, STAFF, AND MINISTRY TEAM LEADERS
- Serves under the lead pastor and receives training and guidance from him.
- Holds the lead pastor accountable.
- Supports the lead pastor in holding all other ministry team leaders accountable. It is not the responsibility of the leaders to discipline ministry leaders for their mistakes, pitfalls, or perceived failures in ministry. Ministry leaders are under the lead pastor and answerable to him.
- Encourages all of the people actively involved in ministry in the church.
- Serves as the primary transitional team overseeing the process of replacing the lead pastor should the need arise.
I, _______________________________________, am willing to serve as an active member of Riverside's Leadership Team per the requirements and responsibilities outlined above. I understand that this is a one-year commitment and I can be removed at any time through the decision of the other leaders. I will invest at least ten hours into my spiritual growth and the church every week.