Political College Education

I posted this in the follow-up comments on one of my posts. It scares me. I wasn't unfair. Anyone that I could think of that is powerful in Washington I included on the list. Nobody was excluded because they didn't fit my goal.

George W. Bush - Graduate of Yale
Howard Dean - Graduate of Yale
John Kerry - Graduate of Yale
Wesley Clark - Graduate of West Point and Oxford
John Edwards - Graduate of Princeton
Joe Lieberman - Graduate of Yale
Dick Cheney - Graduate of Wyoming
Richard Gephardt - Graduate of University of Michigan
John McCain - Graduate of National War College and US Naval Academy
Alan Keyes - Graduate of Harvard
Ralph Nader - Graduate of Harvard
Bill O'Reilly - Graduate of Harvard
Bob Dole - Graduate of Kansas and Topeka
Bill Clinton - Graduate of Georgetown, Oxford, and Yale
George Bush - Graduate of Yale
Al Gore - Graduate of Harvard

Ben Brown summed up in the comments why this is very scary: "You're right, that list is horrifically non-diverse. To think that the professors at those universities are really the ones pulling the strings behind modern american politics (in a manner of speaking). Pretty unnerving."

I watched Kerry last night. He did a good job. I won't be voting for him, so he didn't persuade me. But I also, probably, won't be voting for Bush. So don't get any ideas.

Also, Austin laid out the plans for his dictatorship. One of the things is that he wanted to ban people from being married until age 25. I think you would have to outlaw sex and not just marriage if the proposed result was his goal.

Anyway, I did a little research and found the following bit of useless statistics that was informative:

Data from divorcepeers.com:

Age at marriage for those who divorce in the United States

--------------------------------------------------
Age Women Men
--------------------------------------------------
Under 20 years old 27.6% 11.7%
20 to 24 years old 36.6% 38.8%
25 to 29 years old 16.4% 22.3%
30 to 34 years old 8.5% 11.6%
35 to 39 years old 5.1% 6.5%

Also, I spent the night catching up reading my comic books, so I have nothing spiritual to talk about. A very neat comic came out. I highly recommend it. It's the largest collection of comics to date. The complete 55 issues of the now cancelled series in one volume.

It's over 1300 pages of fun-filled enjoyment for the whole family.

Watch out for the potholes.