The Source of Most Church Conflict

I'm having extreme difficulty in discovering what I am to preach on this week. I have lots of ideas but nothing feels right. Usually by this time, I have the sermon written in my head and just have to type it out. Please pray that God would guide me.

***

Church conflict has many symptoms. People argue over the color of carpets, the style of music, the balance between predestination and free will, etc. The list goes on and on. We have the crazy ability to split churches over tons of different topics.

However, I think the source of these symptoms is usually the same. When the people in the church loses focus on loving God and loving their neighbor as themselves, conflict is going to happen. The key to being a fruitful church that is unified is to continue your focus on those two greatest commandments. Everything else pales in comparison.

Watch out for the potholes.