Life is like a dense fog

We had extremely dense fog last week. It was crazy. I've never seen anything like it. School was cancelled four out of five days. It was crazy. One day as I was driving 30 mph to work, I came up with the following thoughts during an extremely dense fog in which I could only see one or two of the passing line dots in the middle of the road. It was extremely terrifying crossing roads that had oncoming traffic.

***

Life is like driving through dense fog down a foreign road with many curves. I do not know where I am going. I only know a few feet at a time. Some times I'm blessed with patches of clear sailing. They are a nice respite from the fog. But then it all comes back.

Cautious, careful, and ever alert I must remain, for I don't know where God will take me. If I blink, I might miss. But even worse. If I miss his warning about a stop ahead, I could be in an accident or dead. I must remain focused on looking for warning signs and driving down the path ahead of me.

Then comes another behind me. They are pushing me to go faster. Ignorantly, I become sidetracked. My focus shifts from following the road and looking for signs to glancing in the rearview mirror to see if I'm safe. I want to change the way I am driving in order to accomodate them, but I can't without risking disaster.

Life is like driving through dense fog down a road with many curves.

Watch out for the potholes.