Preparing For A Sermon

My blogging is going to be light until after Sunday or my sermon for Sunday is prepared.

But if you're bored on Sunday morning and are looking for a church attend, you're more than welcomed to come, worship God, and listen to my sermon. I can give you directions is you need them. However, I must warn you. It will contain stuff from Monday and Tuesdays posts in it. That wasn't my original intention when writing those posts, but that seems to be where I feel God steering me to.

And just in case you're worried that it will be too condemning. My final point is going to be on grace. It is only when we realize the terrible state that we are in that we can truly understand how amazing God's grace is.

This is also going to probably come up in the sermon. Nothing is set in stone yet.

A quote from Jeffrey Dahmer on NBC Dateline, November 29, 1994:

"If a person doesn't think there is a God to be accountable to then what's the point of trying to modify your behavior, to keep it within acceptable ranges? That's how I thought, anyway. I always believved the theory of evolution as truth, that w all just came from the slime. When we died, you know, that was it, there was nothing else. I've since come to believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is trulyl God, and I believe that I, as everyone else, will be accountable to Him."

Then a Christian band wrote the following song:

Jeffrey Dahmer went to heaven
Or else he lied oon television
He told us that he found You
He told us that he saw You
He told us that You were true
But what'd he tell you?

What did he tell you?
Did he just bow down before You?
Did he just aay that he was wrong?
And what about us?

What about all of us?
Can we just bow down before You?
Can we just say that we were wrong?
'Cause Jeffrey Dahmer's gone

Jeffrey's Dahmer's gone
And we know he's no better than we are
And we know that all sin's just the same

If it makes you sad and blue
If it makes you mad then shame on you
If it makes you question God
Maybe God should questiong you
How do you think you'd do?

I know how you'd do
Cause Jeffrey Dahmer's gone
Jeffrey Dahmer's gone

And we know he's no better than we are
And we know that all sin's just the same
And what about us?

What about all of us?
Can we just bow down before You?
Can we just say that we were wrong?
'Cause Jeffrey Dahmer's gone

Jeffrey Dahmer's gone
And we know he's no better than we are
And we know that all sin's just the same
Jeffrey Dahmer went to heaven
Or else he lied on television.

Have a great day.

Watch out for the potholes.