My Simple Shoes - A Fair Trade Solution to Walking Around


My quest to find Fair Trade shoes led me to Simple Shoes.  I found their Ethical Supply Chain Guidelines to be encouraging.  How I wish all manufacturers were this way.  I figure the only say I have in this is to vote by my dollars, and I finally decided to do that.  (Although I have not been able to find a Fair Trade baseball glove).  I'm willing to pay a little more for the peace of mind that the workers of the product I am using were treated fairly and that the product itself is made as environmentally-friendly as possible.

But I'm a good American and do not want to walk around with uncomfortable shoes just because they are good for the world.  So what's the verdict?

Wonderful!  I purchased the Men's Loaf - Off Road, and these shoes are like wearing slippers around all day long.  One week doesn't tell me how good they will hold up, but they feel promising.
Tread new ground in the Loaf--Off Road Hemp casual by Simple Shoes. Woven hemp fabric upper in a casual slip-on loafer style with a round toe. Moc inspired toe seaming and contouring raised turned seaming add laid-back textural detail. Dual elastic side gores and a padded collar create a comfortable fit. Soft bamboo lining and removable cushioning latex pedbed. Flexible midsole and durable recycled car tire and natural crepe rubber outsole. 1/2 inch heel.   
Here are my shopping pointers.  Don't buy them at Simple Shoes' website.  Head on over to Shoes.com and buy them.  Shoes.com offers free shipping, helps out this site if you use my link, and has them for a cheaper price.  And until the end of April they are offering a 15% off sale.