The Journey Begins - Trying to Find a Church Home

Well, we have decided to take a leave from our present church. I've been feeling the pull for a while now and finally responded. We made a list of reasons why we should stay and a list of reasons why we should go. The "go" list won out. I don't want to go into details because I don't want to discourage anyone who is going to the church we are leaving. It is a good place with good people and a good leader.

But now we begin the arduous journey of finding our place in the kingdom here on earth. I really don't know how to go about it. Right now, my list of things that I'm looking for in a church are the following. If you know of a place in the area where I live, please let me know.

  • They seek God's will through his written word and being sensitive to his leadings.
  • They are full of love. They love one another and it overflows into the community they live in.
  • They promote radical discipleship which results in a foretaste of the fully-realized kingdom of God.
  • They emphasize the priesthood of believers.
  • They live in the reality of the worldwide kingdom accepting brothers and sisters across all denomenational lines and national boundaries.

Those are the biggies to me. Now the journey begins. Maybe we'll end up where we started. I have no idea.

Watch out for the potholes.